- This event has passed.
Exploring The Foundations of Asana
April 23, 2016 - April 24, 2016$125 – $200
Join us for an exploratory weekend of unfolding the physical expression of Yoga. Each āsana blossoms from the inside out – from the spine outward. Each day we will focus on a different aspect of this journey.
During Saturday’s workshop we will delve deeply into the functional anatomy of the spine and all aspects of spinal articulation and movement. We will review methods of spinal assessment and explore different assists that can relieve spinal compression, subluxation and nerve impingement.
Sunday’s class will be a fast-paced, information packed day of fun movement-based learning. Not just lecture, each concept will be re-enforced by experiential exercises. This course is open to Yoga Teachers and Therapists who would like to expand their “vocabulary” of postural and functional assessment skills.
Saturday – April 23rd (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Spinal Assessment & Assists
- The Therapeutic Mythology of The Spine
- The Triune Model of Assessment For The Spine
- Āsana For Particular Spinal Compensations
Sunday – April 24th (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
The Triple-A Play-Shop!
- Identify common compensations!
- Assess a pose instantly!
- Give Simple, effective queues & adjustments!
* Please dress comfortably as each day will include a practice for integration.