- This event has passed.
Psycho-biology of Stress, Trauma, & Yoga
September 11, 2015 @ 9:00 am - September 13, 2015 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0$250.00
This dynamic two-day workshop will explore the history of stress and trauma, the trauma experience, it’s connection to the Yogic concept of Samskāras or ‘latent impressions,’ and the neuroscience behind various healing aspects of Yoga.
Interactive practice sessions will embody simple techniques to be taken back to support a practice and the community at large.
*Please dress comfortably as each day will include a practice for integration.
The three days will include:
Friday – September 11th (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
– The History of Stress (It wasn’t around until 1971!)
– The Psychobiology of Stress & Trauma
Saturday – September 12th (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
– Samskāras & Sri Patañjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
– Assessing Your Stress: Yogic Tools
Sunday – September 13th (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
– Trauma & Yoga Therapy
– Getting To The Root of The Issue: The Sutras
– Yoga & Trauma: Current Research & Discoveries
– Introduction to Samskāric Archeology & Alchemy
* This workshop is open to teachers and practitioners of all levels.
* Please dress comfortably as each day will include an integrating practice.
* 12 Yoga Alliance CE’s Are Available For Full Course Attendance
$250 FOR FULL ACCESS PASS